Notice to suppliers: Fraudulent procurement activity
Updated: May 31, 2019
We would like to alert vendors and potential suppliers of an active procurement scam involving request for quotations, issue of purchase orders and payments scam that purport to originate from IJM, but are in fact fraudulent. This activity also includes impersonation of IJM employees as well as exchange of forged purchase orders.
The IJM logo, physical and postal addresses appearing on documentation may appear to be correct but on close scrutiny, you will notice that the telephone numbers, fax and email address are fictitious.
While IJM has already lodged a police report with a view to root out this activity, we want to advise service providers to be vigilant and cautious when receiving any purchase order purporting to be issued by IJM.
- Please note that the company cannot be held responsible and disclaims any liability for goods fraudulently ordered or delivered pursuant to this activity. To assist you in identifying possible scam activity, some common traits or themes of fraudulent quote requests or purchase orders are below:
- The message requests shipment/delivery of products to a non-IJM address.
- The message may include an authentic logo copied from our website or contain other graphics designed to appear legitimate. It may also include a forged signature that appears to be genuine.
- The sender’s main phone number is either in a format other than that of the IJM’s, a mobile number or a number with a foreign country code
- The sender's email address is not the same as the IJM’s standard email address domain which is @ijm.com – not .net, .org, etc.
- The quote may request large quantities of highly resalable items such as electronics, mobile phones, hard drives, printing toner, etc.
We value our professional relationships with our clients, employees, business partners and suppliers. If you believe you have received a fraudulent procurement request or any other related communication from unfamiliar sources, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before responding to any communication or fulfilling the orders arising thereof.